There’s a lot of pressure on mothers to be perfect, but it’s a toxic concept. In this episode, Divided States of Women digs into the unfair standards around ability and child-rearing. We talk to Robyn Powell, an expert on disability law and a mother who has battled being considered “unsuitable” for parenting, but is doing so successfully, joyfully, and lovingly.
Released January 24, 2018
My role in producing this video:
- Credited as: Associate Producer
- Found and booked expert Robyn Powell and pre-interviewed her as well as coordinated with her for the logisitics of the video shoot. Followed up with her regarding legal details and promotional information.
- Found and licensed all necessary archival material, which includes all video clips and photographs
- Worked closely with video editor and producers on the episode narrative to ensure flow, cohesion and factual accuracy
- Fact-checked the script and graphics in post-production