I am currently an associate producer with VoxMedia on the web show The Divided States of Women with Liz Plank. I was formerly an editorial assistant at MSNBC with shows such as The Beat with Ari Melber, For the Record with Greta Van Susteren and PoliticsNation with Rev. Al Sharpton.
I graduated with a dual bachelors of arts in Journalism and Media Studies and Women's and Gender Studies from Rutgers University in New Brunswick. I am a strong writer and researcher and have worked tirelessly at honing my data literacy skills in my spare time. I received highest honors as well as the Dorothy Hamilton Balliet Award for Outstanding Research for the work on my senior honors thesis in Women's Studies. I have learned a lot more about the industry as an intern at MSNBC and have greatly improved my research skills as a writer and journalist as a part of the organization.
I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to connect with me on Twitter (@MorabitoCM), or by email - talktomorabito [at] gmail
Oct 2017 - Present
The Divided States of Women with Liz Plank
- Wrote scripts and story outlines and fact checked every script of the 24-part episode show series
- Credited as segment producer for writing and conducting interviews with on-camera talent
- Produced a viral social media video of Donald Trump “apologizing” to women, which received over 10 million views across several social media platforms, increasing the show’s total social audience by 336% in just 3 days
- Streamlined post-production processes between producers, editors, copyright lawyers and graphic/motion artists by serving as the primary liaison between the creative and the production team
- Booked and pre-interviewed guests for on-camera interviews and coordinated talent arrival to shoot
- Assisted director, D.P. and production crew in staging sets for interviews
- Compiled and organized archival records for use in post-production
July 2016 – Oct 2017
The Beat with Ari Melber/For the Record with Greta Van Susteren (Jan 2016 – Oct 2017)
- Produced both reader segments and guested pieces for broadcast: writing scripts, conducting research, gathering elements, and pre-interviewing guests
- Lead segment producer for the recurring segment “Did You Know This?” for Greta, in which we focused on fun facts and stories in culture, technology and pop culture
- Coordinated with graphic artists, segment producers, and show director to conceptualize graphics as well as design the theme and look of two newly launched MSNBC primetime shows
- Verified graphics for accuracy/clarity and made necessary, on-the-fly corrections during live shows
- Selected video clips from the show for social media release immediately after air
- Wrote headlines for high performing social media clips from each show
- Optimized clips for each social media platform using hashtags and SEO keywords
PoliticsNation with Rev. Al Sharpton (July 2016 – Dec 2016)
- Produced social media video of PoliticsNation Sunday show for upload on social media
- Talked guests through the filming of segments over IFB
- Pitched, wrote, edited and scheduled 15-25 social media posts daily
- Organized radio scripts for Rev. Al Sharpton’s daily radio show
- Managed Rev. Sharpton’s schedule for the show, making sure he gets to shoots on time
- Informed co-workers of discussions occurring on social media to assist in broadcast production
Jan 2016 – May 2016
- Researched up-to-the-minute details of breaking news to create a timeline of information for anchor’s one-sheet
- Compiled information on guests to assist production team in preparing on screen Chryon elements such as banners and bioboxes
- Outlined and logged press conferences and election events during the 2016 cycle
- Evaluated tape of newsworthy events and select clips for on air use
- Monitored competing news networks and social media of presidential candidates and politicians
- Contacted the offices of elected officials for comment on the news of the day
- Printed scripts for anchors during shadowing duties with production assistants
- Checked graphics in Thunder with graphics production assistant
- Fact-checked information that appears on CAWP’s website and backend SQL database for up-to-date information
- Compared information across multiple databases of congressional officials and assessed their accuracy
- Authored a comprehensive tweet database for CAWP’s Teach a Girl to Lead campaign
- Compiled a state by state list of educational resources to teach students about women’s role in American politics
Sept 2015 - Dec 2015
- Facilitated production team with ingesting online video and other audio-visual elements into a centralized NBCUniversal database for on air use
- Distinguished newsworthy stories from state wires and viewer emails and circulated them to the production team
- Searched through video of live events to find the best footage for on air use
- Logged speeches and press gaggle videos for producers’ reference
- Handled general office administration duties including general errands, guest accommodations and transcription
2012 - 2016
In addition to my outstanding work on an interdisciplinary honors thesis that received Highest Honors in the Women’s and Gender Studies department, I have also excelled in many other areas of my education. I have completed several introductory courses in computer science and coding, including data structures. Additionally, I have published more work as a journalist at The Tab, an online periodical targeting college students. I am also an Undergraduate Associate with the Eagleton Institute of Politics of New Jersey.
The Henry Rutgers Scholar Award recognizes graduating seniors who have completed outstanding independent research projects leading to an interdepartmental thesis or a thesis in their major field of study.
This award is presented once a year for the best thesis demonstrating meticulous research, exceptional writing and passionate argumentation in the Women’s Studies Honors Program.
The nation’s most prestigious honor society, which inducts students with a record of
well-rounded academic excellence.
A competitive political science certificate program for undergraduate students to learn about real world politics from experienced practitioners.
Academic excellence in the top 10% of the second year class