Is it enough for a woman to “love her curves” if she gets paid less because of how she looks? There are significant and systemic disadvantages obese and overweight people experience in society that go beyond self-acceptance. (And women pay a higher cost because of weight discrimination than men.) DSOW spoke to writer & activist Ushshi Rahman and attorney Emily Martin to break down the weight discrimination.
Released Nov 9, 2017
My role in producing this video:
- Credited as: Segment Producer
- Booked and conducted on-camera interview with Ushshi
- Worked closely with video editor and other producers on the episode narrative to ensure flow, cohesion and factual accuracy
- Fact-checked the script and graphics in post production
- Found and licensed all necessary archival material, which includes video clips and photographs